Matthew 14:13-14
As soon as the meal was finished, he insisted that the disciples get in the boat and go on ahead to the other side while he dismissed the people. With the crowd dispersed, he climbed the mountain so he could be by himself and pray. He stayed there alone, late into the night.
Matthew 14:22-2
There is no doubt Jesus had the hectiest schedule ever in His time. People were just everywhere looking for Him, needing Him, seeking Him, curious about Him.... and He never once let them down. He tried spending quality time alone but often found it was not quite possible to be alone and yet.... He did His best to find that time. He'd send his disciples away ahead of Him so he could go away alone... to do one thing; be by himself and pray.
I want so much to be like that. to do that. I lack the desire to pray and get away by myself to spend with Him. I try many times and often find myself distracted. For Jesus, those were the times He renewed Himself, gathered Himself for the next action... He did it regularly.
Father in heaven, i confess that i lack this passion and drive. Help me. I want to do as you did in matters like this. i want to be just like you.

No comments:
Post a Comment